HR

Published on February 11th, 2022 | by University Communications

Employee Spotlight — Robin Lavalle

Every month, Human Resources selects an individual for inclusion in the Employee Spotlight feature of the Wealth of Wellness newsletter. The feature is an expression of the core value of community. The interviews allow employees to get to know more about one another. This month, Human Resources recognizes Robin Lavalle, dining service manager. 

What motivates you to wake up and go to work?
That’s a very good question. I would have to say that my work is important to me. I feel that if I don’t go to work, I am letting down my team and my department, as well as the Saint Leo community. 

What do you do at Saint Leo?
I am a Dining Service manager. While there is a lot of behind-the-scenes responsibilities, I am someone who makes sure that the front of the house is running correctly and that visitors who enter the dining hall have the best possible dining experience they can.

What has been your favorite project so far?
My favorite part so far has been helping our department transition from a contracted to self-operated team. 

What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I am a big Mickey Mouse fan, and I collect a lot of his stuff!

What do you do to stay healthy?
I try to eat a healthy dinner with the family at night.

What do you like the most about our benefits package at Saint Leo?
Our benefits package is good because of the pricing, as well as all of the additional benefits like SurgeryPlus and counseling for you and family members. Another example is our benefits team. They are always right there to answer any questions you might have, and if they can’t answer it for you, they get back to you in a timely matter. I have worked for other companies that made you feel like you were on your own. They never took the time or effort that our department does here at Saint Leo.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑