Events

Published on May 20th, 2021 | by University Communications

Leaders in the Industry webinar focuses on diversity, equity, inclusion

Join Career Services at 6 p.m., Tuesday, May 25, as it hosts a new webinar, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace–A Basic Guide.  Saint Leo University alumna Ronda Hooi ’14 ’16, training manager at Hillsborough County Water Resources, will offer insight into an important topic in the contemporary workplace and share her experience in training employees in a government agency.

Becoming more familiar with diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) is an important part of being career-ready in the 21st century workforce. We must first recognize that the way we discuss and approach DE&I in the workplace is changing. Even changes in terminology reflect a shift in attitude and knowing what various terms mean is the first step in building a people-forward future of work. By defining DE&I within your departments and teams, you show that you genuinely care that everyone belongs.

Spend an hour sharing your thoughts and learning more about others in this interactive session. Attend from wherever you are.

Students, faculty, and staff should register in Handshake and may join using a Chrome browser.

For more information, email careerservices@saintleo.edu.

The views expressed during this event are those of the speaker/presenter and do not necessarily represent the views of the university.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑