Published on April 14th, 2021 | by University Communications0
Human Services Virtual Career Fair to offer career competency, readiness tips
Dr. Amina Abdullah and Dr. Michelle Boone-Thornton of Saint Leo University’s Human Services Department will host the Annual Virtual Career Fair, 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday, April 24. The career fair’s theme is “career competency and readiness,” and it is open to all students and the public. Faculty and staff are asked to invite students, family, friends, and anyone who might benefit from this free event.
In addition to professionals in the human services field, representatives from Career Services and the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence will present information.
The sessions will focus on:
- Résumé preparation: categories and terms to place on a résumé;
- Applicant tracking software: strategies to advance a résumé, through computer prompts;
- Interview preparation: questions to ask during the Interview;
- Interview practice: opportunity to practice interview skills; and,
- Job search platforms: how to locate positions in human services.
There will be open discussion time and an opportunity to ask the leadership panel questions.
Register now at Human Services Virtual Career Fair.
For more information, contact Dr. Amina Abduallah, chair of the Human Services Department, at (412) 229-7431 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://www.saintleo.edu/online-human-services-bachelors.