Published on April 6th, 2020 | by University Communications0
June camps canceled, registration taking place for later summer programs
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, all university events planned on campus for June will now be canceled or postponed (this includes all camps and conferences). Virtual events planned online will continue as scheduled. Unfortunately, Saint Leo’s CSI Summer Camp and Social Justice Summer Camp are among those canceled. Organizers hope to hold the popular residential camps in 2021.
Saint Leo’s Athletics, Recreation, and Events departments are registering for other camps to be held later in the summer. Registration is being conducted differently this year.
Registration now is open, and you will receive any discount that applies to the camp, but no money is due yet. Two weeks before the start of the camp, an automatic payment will be made in the amount of the full camp registration fee. This will allow participants to sign up for any camp before it sells out. It also will enable refunds in case the university is forced to cancel the camp at a later date.
Faculty and staff members may reach out to the camp contact listed on the website to find out if there is a discount code for the selected camp. Visit www.saintleocamps.com to see camps that are scheduled. Check back often as more camps will be added in the near future. Saint Leo is offering a great mix of academic and athletic camps this year.
The camps offered at University Campus include:
Saint Leo Recreation Little Lions Camps
- Monday, July 6, through Friday, July 10 – co-ed Little Lions Camp, ages 5 to 13
Saint Leo Baseball Camp
- Monday, July 20, through Wednesday, July 22 – co-ed lion’s youth camp, ages 6 to 13
Saint Leo Environmental Science and Sustainability Camp
- Monday, July 6, through Friday, July 10 – co-ed middle school camp, ages 12 to 15
- Monday, July 13, through Friday, July 17 – co-ed high school camp, ages 14 to 17
Saint Leo Robotics Camp
- Monday, July 6, through Friday, July 10 – girls’ robotics camp, ages 10 to 14
- Monday, July 13, through Friday, July 17 – co-ed robotics camp, ages 10 to 14
- Sunday, July 19, through Thursday, July 23 – girls’ overnight robotics camp, ages 10 to 15
For more information, please contact Carrie Fidurko at (352) 588-7327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.