Published on August 1st, 2019 | by University Communications0
A Wealth of Wellness— August 2019
The Benefits Department presents A Wealth of Wellness for the month of August.
Featured webinar: “Surviving the college application process” at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 6. Click to view webinar.
Monthly Awareness: International Overdose Awareness Day – Click to read an article.
Featured video: “Starting your career” – Watch the Video.
Take some time this summer and join important webinars during the month of July:
- “Are you ready? Emergency preparedness” at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 13. Post event, a recording of this webinar will be available through “resources for living” on the Aetna website. Register »
- “Being a team with your child’s teacher” at 3 p.m. on Thursday, August 22. Register »
- “Understanding postpartum depression” at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27. Register »
Faith and Fitness: Being active for benefit of body and soul
Life and well-being are God’s gift, and exercise is an expression of gratitude and thanksgiving. Exercise and meditation can go a long way in helping you achieve your weight loss goals. Having a good relationship in your spiritual life, can help you achieve your physical health and wellness goals.
A new study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows the number of Americans who now meet or exceed federal exercise guidelines has risen to nearly a quarter of the population. Catholics are helping others exercise their faith as they work out. Read more here.
Legal services available for free
Did you know that Aetna offers a number of free legal tools and forms from a document catalog on its website? The resources include:
- Personal Documents: Complaint letters, deeds, living trusts, personal service agreements, and wills.
- Business Documents: Corporations and LLCs, intellectual property, internet law forms, loans and collections, sale of goods, and more.
Register on this site and take advantage of this great benefit!
Saint Leo employees eligible to receive YMCA 3-day guest pass
Our corporate partner is offering three free visits to any Tampa Bay YMCA location. Make the most of your visit! For your safety, all guests must present a photo ID. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Limit one guest pass per person per year. Contact your local YMCA for guest hours. Visit the Saint Leo Intranet to print the pass.
Save the date for these upcoming Rally events
Welcome to the start of a new school year. In preparation, your Saint Leo benefits team has prepared a number of great Rally events to help you catch up on your Rally rewards. Not sure what Rally is all about? Learn more here!
Rally eligible webinars:
- “Supporting school-age children” at 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 22. Register »
- “Working parents – achieving balance” at 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 29. Register »
- “Investing 101 by Valic” at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, September 18. View »
Rally eligible onsite events:
- Investing 101 by Valic from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11, in TECO Hall at University Campus. Register »
- Blood Drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, September 24, in the Student Community Center Boardrooms at University Campus.
- Vaccination Education from 12:30 to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1, in the Student Community Center Boardrooms at University Campus.
- Flu Shots from 1 to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1, in the Student Community Center Boardrooms at University Campus. (Rally dollars will not be awarded for receiving the flu shot only.)
- Biometric Screenings from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, October 18, at the Tampa Education Center.
- Biometric Screenings from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, October 25, at University Campus.
- Financial Seminar for Women by Valic at 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, October 30, in TECO Hall at University Campus.
- Mammogram Bus from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, November 1, at University Campus.
- Run with President Jeffrey D. Senese at 6 a.m. on Fridays at the Marion Bowman statue outside of the Bowman Activities Center.
- Aetna/ICUBA recorded video and survey (see below).
Please note: One Rally incentive per person. Attending two of the same sessions will not result in double Rally incentives. Attending a Rally eligible event will earn $10 in onsite event credit (this includes webinars). Rally events attended in August should show credited on your Rally portal by Tuesday, October 1.
Access ICUBA recorded video and take survey to earn Rally incentives
If you were unable to attend the live webinars held on Monday, July 22, or Wednesday, July 31, do not worry. You can still view the video and earn Rally incentives. ICUBA has uploaded the recorded video to YouTube. Click here to view the video. This URL has also been added to the information section at the top of the quiz.
Please remember that for ICUBA medical plan participants (employees and spouses), viewing of the session as well as a satisfactory score of 80% or above on the quiz is required to earn the onside event incentive in our Rally program. Click here to access the quiz.
All quizzes must be completed by Friday, August 23. Rally incentives will be awarded for qualified members by Sunday, September 15.
The Employee Assistance Program is here to support you
Keep in mind, you have endless resources for behavioral, mental, physical, and daily living health through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This is a FREE benefit provided to you by Saint Leo University through Aetna’s Resources for Living. For access to services, simply call (877) 398-5816 and select Option 1 for EAP.
Everyday support for everyday life
The purpose of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is to take care of employees going through difficult times and help them to deal with these situations.
EAP representatives are here for you 24/7 to support you. This is confidential assistance, and you and your household members up to age 26 can call for free.
What they do for you?
Numerous participants call for help with:
- Stress and anxiety
- Emotional well-being
- Legal and financial issues
- Family conflict
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Grief and loss
For more information, contact email@example.com