Published on February 28th, 2019 | by University Communications0
Benedictine Sisters of Florida celebrate 130 years of service
Congratulations to the Benedictine Sisters of Florida, who celebrated 130 years of service to Florida on February 28. The Benedictine Sisters community was founded in 1889 when five sisters from Pittsburgh, PA, came to Pasco County at the request of the pastor and immigrants in the areas. The Holy Name Convent and Academy was established in response to a need for teachers for the children in San Antonio and St. Leo, FL.
To learn more about the Benedictine Sisters of Florida, visit their website.