Published on June 25th, 2018 | by University Communications0
Volunteers needed: Be a pride leader!
Pride leaders are employees’ initial contact within the Saint Leo organization on their first day of employment. They help to support new employees when they begin employment at Saint Leo. The objective of a pride leader is to make new employees feel welcome on their first day, assist with providing an organized onboarding experience, and introduce them to Saint Leo in the best possible way.
Pride leaders communicate with new hires prior to coming to campus on their first day. The pride leader escorts the new hires to and from their scheduled meetings, provides a tour of the campus, and assists with getting their IDs and parking passes. The pride leader also will join them for lunch with their supervisors and teams. Pride leaders provide the new employee with insight into the history and culture of our organization.
The Human Resources department manages the pride leader program and is looking for more employees to join this special group. Here are the requirements to be a pride leader:
- Have an outgoing, welcoming personality
- Work at University Campus
- Be a full-time employee for at least one year
- Be available at least one Monday from 8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. per month (although every pride leader may not be needed every month, depending on the number of new employees)
- Be able to walk the campus to provide tours to our new employees
Pride leaders hold a prestigious role here at Saint Leo. The Human Resources department appreciates our pride leaders’ exceptional efforts in the support and dedication they offer to our new employees.
If you are interested in becoming a pride leader, please contact Noel Quiles at email@example.com or (352) 588-7547