Published on June 24th, 2018 | by University Communications0
Save the date for homecoming this November
Mark your calendar! Saint Leo University’s annual homecoming celebration will take place November 1 – 4 this year at University Campus.
This year’s theme, “Better Inside the Pride,” encourages alumni to attend homecoming for the opportunity to reconnect with old friends and make new connections. Saint Leo alumni are like a pride of lions, they work together to help one another achieve success. Today more than 93,000 alumni are part of the Saint Leo University Alumni Association.
The weekend will include a variety fun activities for alumni – from mixers and sporting activities to a live concert. Here are a few event highlights:
- Athletic Hall of Fame: The 2018 class of athletes will be officially inducted into the Saint Leo University Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Spirit of Saint Leo Golf Tournament: Alumni will enter in a friendly, competitive round of golf during the 18th annual golf tournament at the Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club.
- Beer and Wine Campus Tour: Alumni can explore the university grounds while enjoying some of the best beer and wine that Tampa Bay has to offer.
- Brunch with the President: President Jeffrey Senese will share an update on some of the great things happening at Saint Leo and recognize the recipients of the Benedictine Spirit Award, Distinguished Alumnus/a Award, and our Roaring Onward recipients.
- Greek Service Project: Greek Life alumni are invited to participate in a service project with Feeding Children Everywhere.
- Lions Tailgate Celebration: All alumni will enjoy a fun celebration on the lush green lawn at University Campus.
- Men’s Basketball Homecoming Game: Alumni will cheer on the men’s basketball team and celebrate the crowning of our 2018 homecoming king and queen.
Please encourage the alumni you know to attend. Registration opens this summer. For more information about homecoming, visit your.saintleo.edu/hoco.