Published on March 21st, 2018 | by University Communications0
ICUBA webinar—Power over Diabetes
In a partnership with the Interprofessional Diabetes Education and Awareness (IDEA) Initiative at Nova Southeastern University, ICUBA presents a two-part webinar opportunity for medical plan members and spouses.
Did you know …
- In 2015, 30.3 million Americans, or 9.4 percent of the population, had diabetes.
- In 2015, 84.1 million Americans age 18 and older had prediabetes.
- Approximately 1.25 million American children and adults have Type 1 diabetes.
- The percentage of Americans age 65 and older remains high, at 25.2 percent, or 12 million seniors (diagnosed and undiagnosed).
- 5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes every year.
The workshop is the Diabetes Overview, from noon to 1 p.m. on Friday, April 13. This interactive workshop will give you practical tips on how to integrate healthy food choices into your diet with a specific focus on preventing and managing diabetes. Ideas on exercise and overall diabetes prevention and management will also be discussed.
Active participation in the workshop may earn a $10 on-site event incentive in ICUBA’s BlueRewards powered by Rally program. Registration and active participation in poll questions during the webinar are required for onsite event credit. To register, click here. You will need to enter your BCBS ID Number (ICI+12 digit number) and date of birth as a requirement to attend
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The views expressed during this event are those of the speaker/presenter and do not necessarily represent the views of the university.