Published on November 21st, 2017 | by University Communications0
ICUBA webinar series: Part 2—“Power over Diabetes”
In a partnership with the Interprofessional Diabetes Education and Awareness (IDEA) Initiative at Nova Southeastern University, ICUBA presents part 2 of a two-part webinar opportunity for medical plan members and spouses.
Did you know …
- In 2015, 30.3 million Americans, or 9.4 percent of the population, had diabetes.
- In 2015, 84.1 million Americans age 18 and older had prediabetes.
- Approximately 1.25 million American children and adults have type 1 diabetes.
- The percentage of Americans with diabetes age 65 and older remains high, at 25.2 percent, or 12 million seniors (diagnosed and undiagnosed).
- Every year, 5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes.
The second workshop of the series is “Diabetes Overview” from noon to 1 p.m. on Friday, December 1. This interactive workshop will help attendees consider ways to prevent or manage diabetes. The information will be helpful for those who have diabetes or pre-diabetes or who know someone with diabetes. Practical tips and strategies will be shared that will empower you to take charge of your health and set achievable goals to improve your lifestyle and overall health. Participation in Power Over Diabetes: Part 1 was not required for this workshop. Newcomers welcome!
Active participation in the workshop may earn you on-site event incentives in ICUBA’s BlueRewards powered by Rally program. For individual participants, registration and active participation in poll questions during the webinar are required for onsite event credit. To register, click here. You will need to enter your BCBS ID Number (ICI+12 digit number) and date of birth as a requirement to attend
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.