Published on October 18th, 2017 | by University Communications0
ICUBA webinar series—“Power over Diabetes”
In a partnership with the Interprofessional Diabetes Education and Awareness (IDEA) Initiative at Nova Southeastern University, ICUBA presents a two-part webinar opportunity for medical plan members and spouses.
Did you know …
- In 2015, 30.3 million Americans, or 9.4 percent of the population, had diabetes.
- In 2015, 84.1 million Americans age 18 and older had prediabetes.
- Approximately 1.25 million American children and adults have type 1 diabetes.
- The percentage of Americans age 65 and older remains high, at 25.2 percent, or 12 million seniors (diagnosed and undiagnosed).
- 5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes every year.
The first workshop of the series is “Diabetes and Healthy Eating” from noon to 1 p.m. on Friday, October 27. This interactive workshop will give you practical tips on how to integrate healthy food choices into your diet with a specific focus on preventing and managing diabetes. Ideas on exercise and overall diabetes prevention and management will also be discussed.
Active participation in the workshop may earn you on-site event incentives in ICUBA’s BlueRewards powered by Rally program. For individual participants, registration and active participation in poll questions during the webinar are required for onsite event credit. To register, click here. You will need to enter your BCBS ID Number (ICI+12 digit number) and date of birth as a requirement to attend
The second webinar will be held in December. More information will follow.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.