Published on October 3rd, 2016 | by University Communications0
Managing daily stress
Feeling stressed out? Everyone does at one time or another. The Health and Wellness Center wants you to stay healthy. So check out these suggestions from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians recommends at least one of these 10 strategies:
- Trying not to spend time worrying about things that are out of your control
- Finding ways to tackle small problems, giving you a better sense of control
- Preparing for stressful events, such as a job interview
- Viewing changes as challenges to embrace, rather than as threats
- Finding ways to resolve problems with others
- Leaning on friends, loved ones or counselors for support
- Avoiding a cluttered schedule
- Keeping your goals realistic
- Exercising regularly, eating nutritious food, and getting enough sleep
- Blowing off steam with a hobby or sport you enjoy
Stress can add up to serious emotional and physical health problems. Learning to manage it can help you handle whatever comes your way.
For more information, contact the Health and Wellness Center or call (352) 588-8347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.