Published on May 30th, 2017 | by University Communications0
Athletics — Week of May 29
Coors named Division II Women’s Golfer of the Year
Senior Marie Coors was named the Women’s Golf Coaches Association (WGCA) Division II Golfer of the Year, when the association released its list of Division II post-season honors on Wednesday. Coors was also tabbed a First Team All-American, while junior Amanda Jakobsson was an Honorable Mention selection. Read the complete release
Softball’s Adkins named CoSIDA Academic All-American
Saint Leo softball senior Stephanie Adkins was named a Third Team Academic All-American by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA), when the group’s Division II softball Academic All-America teams were unveiled on Wednesday. Adkins is the 19th Saint Leo student-athlete in university history to receive CoSIDA Academic All-America honors. Read the complete release
– Men’s XC/track athlete Rafal Matuszczak named to CoSIDA Academic All-District team
– Women’s XC/track athlete Colett Rampf named to CoSIDA Academic All-District team
Softball and baseball players tabbed for All-America teams
A trio of Saint Leo baseball and softball players were the recipient of All-America honors as organizations continued to announce their list of spring post-season awards:
– Softball senior Stephanie Adkins and freshman Kacie Kelly were both named Third Team All-American by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA). Read the complete release
– Baseball redshirt junior Dylan Harris earned Second Team All-America honors from the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association. Harris was also named a Second Team All-South Region pick by the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA). Read the complete release
Saint Leo adds beach volleyball for Spring 2018
Saint Leo Athletics announced that beach volleyball will become the university’s 20th intercollegiate sport when it begins competition in Spring 2018. Read the complete release
Rampf claims All-America honors twice at NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
Saint Leo junior Colett Rampf earned All-America honors in two different events over the weekend at the 2017 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships. She finished third in the 3000m steeplechase on Friday night, and then returned to the track on Saturday night to finish seventh in the 5000m run.
Release on 3000m steeplechase final
Release on 5000m run
Follow your Lions!
Follow your favorite Saint Leo teams on social media! Visit the Saint Leo Athletics’ social stream at www.SaintLeoLions.com, and be sure to follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SaintLeoLions, and on Twitter and Instagram at SaintLeoLions.
Be among the first to get Saint Leo Athletics scores and updates
Follow the Lions wherever you go! Sign up for score alerts from Saint Leo Athletics by text, by email, and through the Athletics app on your mobile device.
– Register online today to receive email alerts on Saint Leo news and scores!
– Sign up for eScores alerts on your cell phone – the quickest way to get Saint Leo scores!