Published on February 22nd, 2016 | by University Communications0
RSVP for Psychology Seminar Series in Virginia
The School of Arts and Sciences is presenting the Psychology Seminar Series at the university’s Chesapeake Education Center. The series is open to not only psychology students, but also all students, staff, faculty, and the public. There is no cost, and there will be refreshments. Following each presentation, there will be a 30-minute Psychology Club meeting and discussion.
Sessions and the topics to be covered are:
- Friday, February 26, 5:30 p.m.; Dr. Amaya Rucker, owner, Peninsula Psychotherapy Center, “Loving Those With Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD);” Chesapeake Education Office, 1434 Crossways Blvd., Suite 175, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Friday, March 18, 5:30 p.m.; Dr. Carletta Perry, assistant professor of psychology at Saint Leo University, guests include representatives from Regent University, Old Dominion University, and Norfolk State University, “Careers and Graduate Programs in Psychology;” Saint Leo University-Chesapeake Center-Atrium (next door to Chesapeake office) (VTT not available)
- Friday, April 22, 6 p.m.; Dr. Mark Yarhouse, director of the Institute for the Study of Sexual Identity, Hughes endowed chair and professor of psychology at Regent University; “The Institute for the Study of Sexual Identity;” Saint Leo University, South Hampton Roads Education Center, JEB-Little Creek, 1481 D. St. Building 3016, Room 237, Virginia Beach, VA 23459 (VTT available)
- Friday, May 27, 5:30 p.m.; Dr. Eileen O’Brien, assistant chair and associate professor of sociology at Saint Leo University; “Beyond Individual Biases: Confronting Racism by Understanding its Social Context;” Saint Leo University, Chesapeake Office (VTT-TBD);
- Friday, June 24, 5:30 p.m.; Dr. Maureen Mathews, regional academic director and assistant professor of psychology at Saint Leo University, Dr. William Jordan, owner, Behavioral Health Navigators, Inc.; “Careers in Psychology: Research Psychology vs. Clinical Psychology;” Saint Leo University, Chesapeake Office (VTT-TBD)
For information and to RSVP, contact Dr. Carletta Perry, assistant professor of psychology at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about Saint Leo University’s Chesapeake Education Office, call (757) 227-4450.