Published on August 10th, 2023 | by University Communications0
CTLE offering 2 faculty professional development opportunities August 17, 22
The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) is hosting two dynamic professional development experiences for faculty this fall:
Faculty Symposium on Artificial Intelligence in Higher Education
1 – 4 p.m., Thursday, August 17
Greenfelder-Denlinger Boardrooms, Student Community Center, Zoom will be available for remote faculty through our events page.
Have you been wondering about how AI will revolutionize much of society, including higher education? Get some answers and engage in spirited discussions about the challenges, trends and tools popping up every day. Some topics will include:
- AI’s challenges and uses
- Academic integrity and AI detectors
- Assessments that mitigate cheating
- Integrating AI into course assignments, lesson planning, and course design.
Faculty Development Day Fall 2023
8:30 a.m. – noon, Tuesday, August 22
Via Zoom; Don’t forget to save the date on your calendar here.
This year’s theme is “Teach for the Future,” and there will be an exciting lineup of sessions and topics prepared to enhance teaching strategies and support professional growth. Some of the presentations that will be offered are:
- The Future is Now: What Great Online Learning Looks Like
- Building Community: Spiritual Reflection on Belonging in the Classroom
- D2L Badging: Add a Bit of Flair to Your Online Course
- Using AI and Immersive Learning Simulations in the Classroom
- Hack the Discussion Forum: Innovative Approaches to Engaging Discussion Boards
Visit Faculty Development Day Fall 23: Teach for the Future for the digital program with a schedule of sessions and topics. Links will be available on the website on the morning of the event.
All Saint Leo instructors are welcome, including full-time and adjunct, from all locations and teaching modalities. The day will provide colleagues opportunities to exchange ideas, problem-solve challenges, and enhance their teaching strategies using innovative approaches.