Published on September 23rd, 2022 | by University Communications0
Sandhill Review calls for submissions of creative writing, art, photography
The editors of Sandhill Review, Saint Leo’s annual literary and visual arts magazine, invite community members to submit works for the 2021-2022 issue. The theme will be “The Unfamiliar.”
Powerhouse writer Robert Ludlum said, “Strangers should meet in unfamiliar areas. It’s comforting.” How does unfamiliarity effect you? Does it excite you, shake you up, befuddle you or even disturb you? Your work could explore an unfamiliar place, person, concept or experience. Interpret the theme as broadly as you wish. The deciding factors for publication will be artistic originality, craftsmanship and excellence. Send us your best works.
Categories of work open to consideration are:
- Poetry, two to four works allowed in Times New Roman, 12 point font.
- Fiction and nonfiction, (up to 750 words each).
- Art or photography, vertical orientation, and two to four works allowed, at least 300 dpi.
The deadline for submissions is November 30, and acceptances are notified in February, 2023.
The review uses a submissions management program. Please take care to follow these guidelines, as work that does not adhere to submission guidelines will not be considered for publication:
- Do not include your name anywhere on the actual submission.
- Submissions are open only to those affiliated with Saint Leo University, which means students, faculty, staff, alumni, and participants of the Sandhill Writers Retreat.
- Upload submissions to: https://sandhillreview.submittable.com/submit.
The publication date will be announced in future communications.
The 2021-22 issue is available at: https://www.saintleo.edu/sites/default/files/2022-09/Sandhill-Review-Volume-23-The-World-Around-Us.pdf
Questions may be directed to the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org