Events

Published on February 16th, 2022 | by University Communications

Ocala Center hosting alumna, city manager for International Women’s Day event

The Ocala Education Center will host a special guest speaker on International Women’s Day. The Saint Leo community, as well as the public, is invited to hear Ocala City Manager Sandra Wilson at this free event scheduled for noon to 1 p.m., Tuesday, March 8. Wilson is an alumna and received her bachelor’s degree in 1995 and her Master of Business Administration degree in 2003.

International Women’s Day is celebrated around the world on March 8 to recognize the cultural, political, and socioeconomic achievements of women.

Wilson was appointed city manager for the city of Ocala in June 2020 and has worked for the city for 22 years, serving previously as interim, deputy, and assistant city manager, and human resources risk management director.  She is a member of numerous Ocala organizations including the Ocala Women’s Network.

She cites her Saint Leo education as providing a crucial foundation for her work. “My education truly has made me a more well-rounded individual, who can apply critical thinking to resolve issues and challenges that I encounter daily while doing my job,” Wilson says.

The event will be held at Saint Leo University’s Ocala Education Center, 1930 S.W. 38th Ave., Ocala, FL 34474. To attend, please RSVP to Ocala@saintleo.edu.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑