Events Journey to Academic Success

Published on August 29th, 2019 | by University Communications

Students invited to Success Week, September 16-20

Journey to Academic Success is a week long, student-centered event featuring an array of engaging, interactive, and educational activities presented by students, staff, and faculty of Saint Leo University.  This collaborative series is intended to provide students with tools & strategies that promote progression and retention. The sessions for Journey to Academic Success week are open to all.  For a description of each session, click here.

Synopsis of Sessions

September 16: Mindful Monday

• 10:30 – 11 a.m., OMG! What’s my GPA?, Kirk Hall, Room 122
  • 11 a.m. – noon, Get your LASSI on!, Kirk Hall, Room 122
  • 3 – 3:30 p.m., Pressure! What’s your point?, Kirk Hall, Room 122

September 17: Tools & Tech Tuesday

• 9:30 – 10:20 a.m., Interacting with Assistive Technology, Kirk Hall lobby   
  • 10:30 – 11:10 a.m., Zap it! With Zotero Citation Tool, College of Business building, TECO Hall
  • 11:10 – noon, Shazam! I Have to Do a Presentation?!, Business building, TECO Hall
  • 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Tutor Tech Tips!, Kirk Hall breezeway
  • 12:30 -1 p.m., Using D2L Effectively, Business building, TECO Hall

September 18: Winning Wednesday

• 11 a.m. – noon, Overcoming Distractions! Let’s Get Focused, Kirk Hall Breezeway
  • 11 a.m. – noonWinning at Advising and Registration, Kirk Hall breezeway
  • 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.Wellness Wheel of Fortune, Business Building, TECO Hall

September 19: Thinking Deeply Thursday

• 11 – 11:45 a.m., OMG! I’m Not Ready for My Math Test, Business building, TECO Hall
  • 2 – 2:45 p.m., Are you Emotionally Intelligent?, Business building, TECO Hall

September 20Fun Learning Friday

• 10 – 10:45 a.m., Tasty Subjects: Learning to Write with Food, Business building, TECO Hall
  • 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., What’s the Story with Harry Potter?, Business building, TECO Hall

For more information about this event, please contact Dr. Demetrix Rostick-Owens or Regina Plummer in the CAVE at (352) 588-8307 or (CAVE@saintleo.edu).

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑