Published on November 1st, 2018 | by University Communications0
Leadership Saint Leo Class of 2019 now accepting self-nominations
The Leadership Saint Leo program began in 2005 to expand leadership capacity, build culture, and create a common leadership lexicon across the entire university, including our education centers, online offices, and University Campus. More than 100 of our active leaders have graduated from the program, having met every month for 10 months for an all-day workshop that incorporates a variety of lecture, discussion, case study, and experiential activities.
This year, we are continuing to provide employees with the opportunity to participate by using the self-nomination process! If you believe your participation in the 2019 cohort of Leadership Saint Leo would benefit your professional growth and leadership skills, we encourage you to contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
Supervisors, if you have in mind employees who meet the criteria for participation and are ready to take the next step in their leadership development, please talk to them about the program and encourage them to apply.
Please note that we expect a large number of applicants for a limited number of positions in the program. Not all employees who apply will be accepted to participate. Before requesting an application from Human Resources, please consider the following criteria for successful participation:
- All participants must be full-time, exempt employees.
- All self-nominees must have been employed by Saint Leo University before November 1, 2016.
- All applications must be approved by the employee’s direct supervisor and divisional vice president.
- Because of the intensive nature of the program, participants must possess the self-discipline and motivation to complete the work required by the program and may forfeit their participation if they miss more than two sessions during the program year.
- All participants should exhibit a desire to be lifelong learners as aspiring leaders and to advance their professional knowledge and skills, along with an understanding that they are responsible, as students, to ensure that their own learning is meaningful and rewarding.
We thank you for your interest in the program. All applications are due by Friday, November 16. Should you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.