Published on March 3rd, 2017 | by University Communications0
Did you know that March is Red Cross Month?
The Health and Wellness Center wants you to be aware that every March, the American Red Cross recognizes our country’s everyday heroes who give their time to help people in need. In addition to supplying about 40 percent of our nation’s blood, the Red Cross relies on the heroic efforts of its workers and volunteers to provide shelter, food, and emotional support during emergencies and disasters.
Here’s five ways you can become a hero for the Red Cross:
- Become a Red Cross volunteer. Lend a hand in your community.
- Give blood. Help a patient going through a hard time.
- Take a class. Gain information and skills to help out in an emergency.
- Make a plan. Get your family involved and develop a preparedness plan for emergencies.
- Make a financial donation. Your generosity will help people in need.