Published on May 29th, 2020 | by University Communications0
Summer camps set for July at University Campus
Saint Leo University will begin offering several summer camps at University Campus in July. All academic camps have been canceled for this summer; however, sports camps and the Little Lions day camp are planned at this time.
Registration now is open, and you will receive any discount that applies to the camp, but no money is due yet. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Saint Leo will take registrations for future events without a deposit, and automatic payment will be scheduled closer to the date of the event as detailed during registration.
Faculty and staff members may reach out to the camp contact listed on the website to find out if there is a discount code for the selected camp. Visit www.saintleocamps.com to see camps that are scheduled.
- A pre-screening form will be sent to parents to complete before camp.
- Drive-up drop-offs and pick-ups will take place with no-contact check-ins and outs.
- Campers’ temperatures will be taken daily before the parent drives away.
- Staff’s temperatures will be taken daily.
- Reduced camper-to-staff ratio, of 9 campers to 1 staff will be implemented. There will be caps on camp numbers, if necessary.
- Campers will stay with the same group of campers and staff throughout camp.
- Increased sanitizing/disinfecting of facilities will take place throughout the day and a deep clean at night.
- Equipment will be disinfected after each use.
- Staff will be required to wear face coverings.
- Campers will be encouraged to wear a face covering when social distancing is not possible, if feasible.
The camps offered at University Campus include:
Saint Leo Recreation Little Lions Camps (Registration is open until Monday, July 6)
- Monday, July 6, through Friday, July 10 – co-ed Little Lions Camp, ages 5 to 13
- Monday, July 27, through Friday, July 31 – co-ed Little Lions Camp, ages 5 to 13
Saint Leo Baseball Camp (Canceled)
- Monday, July 20, through Wednesday, July 22 – co-ed lion’s youth camp, ages 6 to 13
Saint Leo Men’s Basketball Camp
- Different dates and times throughout July – co-ed small group basketball academy, ages 8 to 17
For more information, please contact Carrie Fidurko at (352) 588-7327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.