Published on May 10th, 2021 | by University Communications0
Web series begins soon: Leadership for private, parochial schools
The Saint Leo Department of Graduate Studies in Education is offering a free, virtual webinar series for K-12 education leaders (principals and higher) and aspiring leaders who might consider working in Catholic schools or at other private schools. The series is being presented at no charge.
The webinar series will consist of six sessions, held during Thursday evening hours, from 7 to 8:30 (ET). The sessions will assemble at this virtual address: https://saintleo.zoom.us/j/94013711548
The content is planned for education professionals who have been trained to meet the standards and materials covered on the Florida Educational Leadership Exam for public-school sector duties. Seminar sessions will cover expectations and responsibilities that are important in the world of parochial and private-school K-12 education, and that differ from the Florida public school environment.
Speakers from the Catholic Dioceses of St. Petersburg and Orlando will help discuss these topics on the following dates:
- Thursday, May 20 – Spiritual development and its impact on culture, climate, and parent engagement
- Thursday, June 24 – Accreditation explained, the process and its importance
- Thursday, July 15 – Student support services
- Thursday, August 26 – Finance and revenue
- Thursday, September 16 – Operations and management policy development, Part 1
- TBA – Operations and management policy development, Part 2
For more information, contact Dr. Jodi Lamb, associate director of the Department of Graduate Studies in Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.