News

Published on August 27th, 2020 | by University Communications

Literary magazine calling for submissions from writers, visual artists

All members of the Saint Leo community—students, faculty, staff, and alumni—are invited to submit creative writing or visual artworks for publication in the 2020-21 edition of the university’s literary magazine, Sandhill Review.

Every year the magazine publishes work devoted to a theme. This year, the theme is, “this is me.” This was inspired by a famous short work by American poet Emily Dickinson that many students read in high school or college and that begins: “I’m Nobody! Who are You? / Are you—Nobody—too?” (Artist credit for the portrait of Dickinson: Jeanne Meinke.)  

Sandhill Review editors advise our community to interpret the theme “this is me,” as broadly as creators wish. Submissions might address individuality, identity, unique experiences, for instance, but are also not limited to those topics. Works will be chosen on the basis of artistic originality, craftsmanship, and excellence.

Submissions are due November 16, 2020, and must adhere to guidelines below or will not be considered. Do not include your name on submissions; you will be using a portal Sandhill Review has adopted to manage this process. https://lightningkeyreview.submittable.com/submit/172837/sandhill-review-2021-this-is-me

Students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to submit up to the following:

• Two to four poems
  • Prose works and dramatic pieces (up to 750 words)
  • Art and photography (two to four works, vertical orientation) 

Also, creators may submit in more than one genre. Acceptances will be issued during February 2021.

For questions regarding Sandhill Review and this issue, contact faculty member and editor-in-chief Gianna Russo at gianna.russo@saintleo.edu.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑